Thursday, May 17, 2012

Man catches death-eating bacteria from internet

No, this is not the title on the National Enquirer...it's right out of a Yahoo news article.

"Sean Helgesen says he got lucky in his battle four years ago with the bacteria in a Daily Beast article."

This proves:

1. You should reread everything you write. (I have to confess that sometimes I do not take the time to do this myself, but I can't imagine I'd ever write something as bad as that statement above!)

2. Everyone--even the best writer--needs a proofreader. You should always have someone else read what you have written if millions of people will be reading it.
3. Sometimes people are so quick to post that they do not QC before they do so.

4. An article about a deadly disease can be far less effective with an awkwardly worded, clunky sentence in the middle of it.

Whatever you think about Tina Brown, she's not passing out death-eating bacteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment