Thursday, March 15, 2012

Working from home

Best part about being a writer? Ability to work from home.
The worst part? Ability to work from home.
—Carly Phillips

Thursday nights feel like Fridays to me, because I always work from home on Fridays. This mobile advantage is one of the best perks about working where I do. I've been working from home on Fridays ever since coming off of maternity leave after having Kieran (so nearly 9 years ago). I love it.

But it's not always easy. Sometimes it gets noisy or I have to kick the kids out. Our basement office is dark and messy, so I tend to work in our bedroom...and it's definitely NOT the best ergonomic arrangement! I also find that I get up less to walk around and sometimes put in more hours than I should.

Tomorrow's going to be particularly tricky because I am working on a couple of projects due on Monday, and I have a feeling I will be glued to the computer for much of the day!

But I feel very fortunate that I have a mobile-type profession. My sister, a physician, could not work from home. Teachers can't work from home. In fact it's easiest to work from home with certain white collar type jobs (or perhaps some entrepreneurial ones), so I feel very lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment